Erro download vhd from portal. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm trying do download .vhd from azure portal, but when complete 1% or 2% appear error and stop the process.

Lessandro Zampieri - http://lezampieri.com

Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

May I know whether you have a stable network connection? It is possible to encounter network connection issues during the download of large files. You may want to use a downloading tool that supports downloading from blob storage directly. Ideally the tool should support page blob (which is used under the hook by vhd files) and should be able to request a certain page. So if a page fails to download, the tool will automatically retry that single page instead of the complete blob.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you click "Resume" button, does this download process continued? I suggest you to check your disk space, this issue may be caused by no space. Please try these two methods (keep the network connected), if still can't download this file, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, April 18, 2014 7:56 AM
  • Hi.

I clicked in "Resume" but showed the same error.

I have 35Gb free.

Lessandro Zampieri - http://lezampieri.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

May I know whether you have a stable network connection? It is possible to encounter network connection issues during the download of large files. You may want to use a downloading tool that supports downloading from blob storage directly. Ideally the tool should support page blob (which is used under the hook by vhd files) and should be able to request a certain page. So if a page fails to download, the tool will automatically retry that single page instead of the complete blob.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

I will mark Ming's post as answer, if you found this didn't give you any help, please feel free unmark it.

Best Regards

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:23 AM