URL Rewrite, how to do it without access to IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User-1487494846 posted

I am hosting a website in a hosting company where I don't have access to any IIS features, how can I add URL Rewrite to my site? How would I add the module, can I add the module by simply going to my VS 2008 and clicking add reference?

Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-837620913 posted

Does your hosting company support HTTP Modules?  If so, check out Approach #2 in ScottGu's post here:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/02/26/tip-trick-url-rewriting-with-asp-net.aspx

You can configure everything in your web.config.  Depending on which app you choose (UrlRewriter.net or UrlRewriting.net) affects how you install it - but most are simple web.config changes.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:49 PM
  • User-1487494846 posted

Hey Darrell,

That works perfectly when I test it on my PC (localhost), I tried to upload it to the host and I would get the error "Page not found".

I did the 2nd Approach, I downloaded the urlrewriter module and added it as a "add reference" and I made the location of it in the bin folder of the site.  After that I just added the code that was on the link you sent.

UPDATE: I got everything to work perfectly after contacting them, I have 1 issue though where my images are not showing up once I added the url rewrite, some pictures show up and others don't for some reason, is this somethin common and has a fix for it or no?

Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:05 PM