none
Error message "Unable to lock resource channel '<ax channel name>'" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have defined a Receice Location in BizTalk Server 2006 R2 which connects to Ax Dynamics 4.0.

It receives documents ok, but after a while I get the error message Microsoft Dynamics AX" raised an error message. Details "Unable to lock resource channel '<ax channel name>'". It's possible to unlock the resource by deleting all the rows in the table dbo.AIFRESOURCELOCK and restart BizTalk, but I can't do that all the time.

It seems like I get the messages which are ready, and then the next time new messages are ready this error message comes.

Does anyone knows how to fix it?
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you find any error messages from event viewer?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support
    Monday, December 21, 2009 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

Are you using any Update or Delete AIF services?

Check the AIF exception queue in AX.

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:49 AM
  • I use one send adapter and one receive adapter, I send an order to AX, and receive four different messages from AX.

There are no messages in the AIF exception queue at the time when this error occurs. I have checked more closely the event log, and the first message I get is this:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 5740
    Date:  21/12/2009
    Time:  05:49:28
    User:  N/A
    Computer: IDAHAR-BIZ01
    Description:
    The adapter "Microsoft Dynamics AX" raised an error message. Details "Port is Busy: All pipe instances are busy.
    ".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    ----------

After this message I get the following messages:

Event Source: Dynamics .NET Business Connector 4.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 110
    Time:  05:50:28
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 110 ) in Source ( Dynamics .NET Business Connector 4.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Microsoft Dynamics Business Connector Session 17.

, An X++ exception has occured.
    Unable to lock resource channel '<ax channel name>'..
    ----------

And then this message:

Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 5740
    Time:  05:50:28
    Description:
    The adapter "Microsoft Dynamics AX" raised an error message. Details "Unable to lock resource channel '<ax channel name>'.".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    ----------

Then I get the last two messages every time the receive adapter is polling AX.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:22 AM
  • Hi!

Did you manage to solve this problem? I have the same problem and I can't find a solution.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:46 PM

• You have to download the hotfix https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;979037.

Do the following:

- Stop all the BizTalk Host services
    - Copy the "Microsoft.Dynamics.BizTalk.Adapter.dll" and "Microsoft.Dynamics.BizTalk.Adapter.Management.dll" to the Dynamics Ax client\bin folder. Remember to take a copy of the existing files first for backup.
    - Using Windows explorer, drag and drop the two assemblies into c:\windows\assembly folder.
    - Verify the assembly version. Right click on the assembly, and select properties, select version tab. It should be v4.0.2503.998.
    - Restart the BizTalk host services and test.

It's not neccesary to install the rest of the hotfix to solve this problem.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:06 PM
  • Thank you! I have tried this in our test environment and it seems to work! Do you have any idea what is causing the problem? We haven't experienced this problem before but we just moved to a virtual server. Can that have anything to do with it?
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:30 AM