Package not getting installed Migration from Release preview to RTM.

Question

• Hi Jeff,

I had an Application which was working fine in Release Preview. But when I migrated it from Release preview to RTM it is showing some kind of error.

I complied my application in the RTM visual studio and followed the guidelines as per the Migration document.

Execution Policy Change
    The execution policy helps protect you from scripts that you do not trust. Changing the execution policy might expose
    you to the security risks described in the about_Execution_Policies help topic at
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170. Do you want to change the execution policy?
    [Y] Yes  [N] No  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
    Found package: D:\PIVMetroTests_2.3.1.1_x86_Test\PIVMetroTests_2.3.1.1_x86.appx

Installing package...
    Found dependency package(s):
    D:\PIVMetroTests_2.3.1.1_x86_Test\Dependencies\Microsoft.WinJS.1.0.appx
    D:\PIVMetroTests_2.3.1.1_x86_Test\Dependencies\x86\Microsoft.VCLibs.x86.11.00.appx
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFC, The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the
    application to fix the problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CFC)
    Integrity check failed for file \\?\C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00_11.0.50727.1_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxBlockMap.xml. The integrity state is:
    0x0.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 308fb3e7-8d8c-0000-eb4e-90308c8dcd01 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 308fb3e7-8d8c-0000-eb4e-90308c8dcd01

At D:\PIVMetroTests_2.3.1.1_x86_Test\Add-AppDevPackage.ps1:397 char:13
    +             Add-AppxPackage -Path $DeveloperPackagePath.FullName -DependencyPath ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (D:\PIVMetroTest....3.1.1_x86.appx:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Error: Could not install the package.
    Press Enter to continue...:

Kindly help me in resolving the Error.\

-Lax.

-Ldm

Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:37 AM

Answers

• Not sure if you are running into the same problem we did, but we found out that the version of the Visual C++ Runtime included with Visual Studio 2012 is different than the version in a base Windows 8 installation.  Go figure.  That was causing issues with our deploy when we moved to RTM, even though they tell you to include the runtime as a reference in your project just in case.  See if it works if you remove it.
    • Marked as answer by Dino He Monday, September 24, 2012 4:26 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:12 PM