none
New installation fails to login RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy and test FSLogix on a Win10 1903 machine and I cannot get the user to successfully login. The test user gets the welcome we are getting things ready message for about 30 to 40 minutes then it goes to a blank screen with no background. I can launch task manager from the blank screen and I see that the vhdx profile disk has been created and mounted.  I verified the permissions on the location of the vhdx location and the test user has right to the folder and file. Looking for suggestion on what to do next.
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

First thing to do would be to look at the FSLogix logs in c:\programdata\fslogix\logs\profiles. See if there are any issues there. It should not take anywhere near 30-40 minutes for any setup of a new FSLogix profile, unless 200GB non-dynamic disks (or something like that) are being asked for and the format time takes that long.

Regards,

Brent

Thursday, October 3, 2019 4:09 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Brent,

I looked at the logs and I did not see an error with the process of creating and mounting the VHD file. I have the logs redirected to a network location so I can look at them as they are being created. I am only testing the profile part and have not enable the O365 container, I don't know if that might be part of my problem. I also only turned on the bare minimum settings to get it to work based on the instructions in the FSLogix page.

I followed the advice of another post here and rolled back the virtual image, reinstalled the product, and have the same results. Thanks for the reply Brent.

Regards

Fidel

Friday, October 4, 2019 1:10 PM