none
XML problem and Corrupted Word Document '' Parsing error '' RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to xml. I have a corrupt Word 2016 document. This is what I have done so far

Change .Docx to .zip

Opened .zip, extracted and saved  Document.xml

Opened .xml file in Notepad++

Used plugin for xml and formatted contents with xml tools Pretty Print (xml only with line breaks)

Checked the xml and I get the following error "xml parsing error at line 28201-premature end of data in tag document line 2"

The code on that line is the last bit of code </w:document> which looks correct (to a newbie like me) and it does have a corresponding start tag.

Can anyone give me an idea of what could be behind the "premature end of data error"? and please i need your support urgent as i have to submit the assignment after 2 days.. plz urgent 

Thanks!

• Edited by Amgad1988 Saturday, March 18, 2017 2:00 AM
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:56 AM

All replies

• Amgad1988,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Saturday, March 18, 2017 6:54 PM
  • Hello Amgad1988:

Please send your .docx document to dochelp at Microsoft.com for analysis. I'll have a look and assist.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:19 PM
  • Hello Amgad1988

We didn't hear back from you, do you still need our help? If so; please send us the requested file for analysis.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Hello Amgad1988

We haven't heard back from you; do you still need our help or shall we close this issue ? Please confirm

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:13 PM
  • Hello Amgad1988

We are closing our investigation as we never heard back from you.

Thanks.

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:04 PM
  • Hi Mr. Chopra,

I have similar case with this discussion. May I send my fie to email above ?

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:14 PM
  • Hello NSuhery:

We have received similar requests in past; refer following threads; and our analysis was that the issue is caused by KUTools plugin. We request you to please follow up with KUTools team to get further help as this is not a file format issue and instead plugin related formatting issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a3ecbea-2d22-4cc8-9ef3-001cfe122eb5/corrupt-word-document-and-xml?forum=os_binaryfile

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f45d67e4-4a9c-4eb7-8e9d-8c172f6fdfba/xml-problem-and-corrupted-word-document-parsing-error-?forum=os_binaryfile

Thanks

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:52 PM