Invalid Viewstate with .NET 1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• User214117797 posted

I have an existing web application developed in ASP.NET 1.1 using standard web controls, text box and check box controls.

This web site renders fine on Nokia handsets for all web pages except for pages that accept user input.

There is a page with an asp.net button and a asp.text box and check box. When i post this page back I get an invalid view state exception.

I have no idea what is wrong as other Openwave emulator works OK as well.

The asp.net web site is hosted on Windows 2003 IIS6. The web server is not part of a cluster/web farm. It does have a dual core CPU but the web garden value is set as 1. I have also tried setting the machine key which should not do anything but I am lost for ideas.

Unhandled exception occurred: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Invalid_Viewstate Client IP: 154.01.45.157 Port: 1028 User-Agent: Nokia6280/2.0 (03.81) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ViewState: dDwtMzA1aaMDIyNsdagxOztsPGNoa01vdG9yY3ljbGU234fhrUmVudGFsOz4+wrYuDWC4lR2yk43oZPAvNX4PjfQ= Http-Referer: Path: /something/somepage.aspx. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit <machineKey> configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. 3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Unable to validate data. at System.Web.Configuration.MachineKey.GetDecodedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength) at System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Monday, October 15, 2007 3:29 AM

Answers

• User214117797 posted

the problem seems to be solved by using the HTML equivalent controls rather than the ASP.NET server controls.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 15, 2007 9:26 PM

All replies

• User1634317999 posted

Can you please give the URL of the application and which device you are using?

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:36 AM
  • User214117797 posted

the problem seems to be solved by using the HTML equivalent controls rather than the ASP.NET server controls.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 15, 2007 9:26 PM