Hosting on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• User1449552981 posted

I asked the following question via a Support Incident through the Azure Portal, but didn't get a response. I created and account and I'm using my DreamSpark subscription. I understand that it is part of the FREE tier. Can anyone please explain how this works in terms of this tier allowing 60 mins per day of use? Does that mean I only get 60 mins per day where any apps I deploy to Azure will be publicly accessible and then I'd have to bring my application down or that after 60 mins  it will automatically be taken off-line?

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:20 AM

Answers

• User2024324573 posted

See the pricing details of Azure: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/websites/

You don't need to pull out your app after deployment as the free tier allows you upto 10 webistes/apps. 

The 60 mins per day  is the time that you get for using the resources for development and testing purposes. 

Free and Shared

The Free and Shared tiers are ideal for experimenting with the platform and for development and test scenarios. Use the Free tier to quickly evaluate our platform and convert the app at any time to one of the paid tiers without delays or downtime. The Shared (preview) tier allows you to develop and test in an environment with features such as SSL, domain names and more before production and is suitable for low traffic sites.

INSTANCE CORES RAM STORAGE PRICES
    F1Free Shared
    (60 CPU minutes / day)
    1 GB 1 GB $0
    D1Shared (Preview) Shared
    (240 CPU minutes / day)
    1 GB 1 GB ~$0.014 per site per hour(~$9.76/mo) at preview discount

If you need to use the resources for testing you app on azure then you have allowed free time per day which is 60 mins.

Hope this will answer your question

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:22 PM

All replies

• User2024324573 posted

See the pricing details of Azure: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/websites/

You don't need to pull out your app after deployment as the free tier allows you upto 10 webistes/apps. 

The 60 mins per day  is the time that you get for using the resources for development and testing purposes. 

Free and Shared

The Free and Shared tiers are ideal for experimenting with the platform and for development and test scenarios. Use the Free tier to quickly evaluate our platform and convert the app at any time to one of the paid tiers without delays or downtime. The Shared (preview) tier allows you to develop and test in an environment with features such as SSL, domain names and more before production and is suitable for low traffic sites.

INSTANCE CORES RAM STORAGE PRICES
    F1Free Shared
    (60 CPU minutes / day)
    1 GB 1 GB $0
    D1Shared (Preview) Shared
    (240 CPU minutes / day)
    1 GB 1 GB ~$0.014 per site per hour(~$9.76/mo) at preview discount

If you need to use the resources for testing you app on azure then you have allowed free time per day which is 60 mins.

Hope this will answer your question

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:22 PM
  • User1449552981 posted

Thanks!

Friday, June 5, 2015 8:53 PM