none
Could not find a part of the path RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I met a problem that when I press "F5" to run the demo "delete", the message show below:

The "debugcomp" are in Vmware on my host computer, and the host computer is the one which running Visual Studio 2012.

And I checked the path can be access directly from my host computer as below:

After about half hour that I didn't touch the computer, it can be access again, but this problem happens most of the time.

Anyone knows the reason?

IT Professor

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:59 PM

All replies

• As I understand this, you encounter this problem most of the time, but it sometimes work correctly? If that is the case, I don't see anything else that could be causing this problem other than network (in your case, VM) access issues.

My guess would be that the network access to that folder on the VM is not reliable, and thus sometimes fails when the build tries to access it. Have you encountered the same issue with target machines that are not VMs? Or target machines that are not in Hyper-V (and not VmWare)?

Keep in mind that the Windows 8 WDK does not support deployment to virtual machines, and it is possible that this problem  i VM-related.

Max -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:07 PM