none
Vista keeps asking for a login when loading a report RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently upgraded to VS 2005 and Vista Business, and am checking/converting my old VS .NET projects. Things have generally gone well, so far, but I have a MAJOR problem with the Crystal Report components.

I have a simple demo project (I make lots of them to test base functionality during development), and all it does is load a Crystal Reports report based on a local Access database, and then display the results in the report viewer control.

The Load method takes about 30 seconds to complete, and one of 2 things then happens. If the report's database definition is being used to supply the data, I get a login box, which will not accept a login, even if it is a valid one. If the report data comes from a dataset, the report then loads properly, but I suspect there is some sort of login timeout going on here, too.

Needless to say, this functionality renders the control all but worthless to me. I am using SP1 and the Vista patch. This code works just fine under VS 2005 on XP.

I'm sure we've got some sort of Vista security checking going on behind the scenes, but I have no idea what it is. Can anybody help here?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:07 PM