none
Error 11007 preventing database regeneration RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS 2012, ASP.net 4.0 and Entity Framework 5.0.

I am working model-first and have already generated by database once and now want to regenerate it.  However, I have a slew of Errors 11007 "Entity type 'xxx' is not mapped" and 11010 "Association End 'xxx' is not mapped" and 11008 "Association 'xxx' is not mapped", etc.

I understand why it is upset... of course they are not mapped - I still need to regenerate my database from my model.  If I could do that the errors would no longer apply.

BUT, these errors are preventing database generation!  If I attempt to ignore them and go ahead and generate the database I get the following message: "All validation errors in this model must be fixed before generating a database script."

How can I just regenerate the database?  Is there a way to suppress these errors?

(By the way I already found the advice on the internet to set the Validate On Build property to false but it didn't help - I still have all my errors.)

• Edited by mwiederrecht Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:31 PM
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Mwiederrecht,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

For more details, please right click edmx file in solution explorer and choose “Open With…”. Then choose XML(Text) Editor. Find the error section and post here.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:04 AM