none
Vista Build 5303 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I have maybe a "Dumb" Question. I'm new to this Forum & Beta Testing I am a MSDN member & Registered as a Beta Tester. I want to download to Install the 64 Bit (3+ Gig) Download but the Only File i can find is "6.0.5308.0.9.WindowsSDK_Vista_idw.DVD.Rel.img"(1.6 gig) I went to the Subscriber Download Section But can't find anything listed for the 64 bit (3+) Gig download.

I would like to do a Clean Install off a Boot CD or a Multi-Boot.

Thanks..

-Zep

Friday, March 3, 2006 12:57 AM

All replies

• There is NO Vista Build 5303 for 64 bits.

While you installing Windows Vista Build 5303, it will decide to install x86 or x64 version by detecting your CPU.

So, if your CPU were AMD64 or EM64T, then Windows Vista Build 5303 will runs on 64 bits, else 32 bits.

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 2:58 AM
  • oops 5308 not 5303, That is a Good Idea how that was done. I Know that there is no Beta out yet but I notice some can get access to that file. is there any way to get into the Group for testing? i have been looking on the Microsoft Connect Site. Was it one that has passed? I would like to start testing it for applications for the System that i put together so When it is relesed i can start pushing that OS vs xp Pro or Media Center.

Thanks in advance

-Zep

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 3:23 AM