none
System tray or Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyway to minimize a running SB (.exe) to the system tray instead of the taskbar ?

If not then add this as a feature request !.

Or is it possible that a .dll mite be added with these options ?.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

• As it turns out i found a taskbar utility
    http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm

I also have a thunderbird add-on that gives it system tray ability, but wouldn't you know it, the trayit utility and the thunderbird tray add-on dont play well together...

i suspect its the trayit utility causing the problem cause it wants to be a all in one tray utility for the whole system tray.. :P  ..

but anyway..

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hot Rod,

There is not a way built in to SmallBasic that allows it's programs to minimise to the system tray.

There are of course a number of windows utilities you can download to let you do this for all programs, not just smallbasic.

I don't understand why Microsoft hasn't made this a standard feature of its OS.  So many people use this feature.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 7:47 PM
  • well id rather have that built in so if a friend plays with my .exe they don't need to go looking for a utility to do it... plus i want to create a utility that needs to minimize cause it will be running all day ..

Cant that be built into one of the .dll's like Fremy dll  ?
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 2:20 AM
  • Cant that be built into one of the .dll's like Fremy dll  ?

Fremy would be best to answer that one, or even Vijaye.

There's an article here about minimising stuff to the system tray. If it's as easy as it suggests, it should be a standard feature of all programs IMHO.

• Edited by Davey-Wavey Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:08 AM added missing link
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 8:13 PM
  • You can't do that, but it would be a cool feature.
    Signature: Phillip Mikesell
    • Proposed as answer by phillips101 Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:37 AM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:37 AM
  • As it turns out i found a taskbar utility
    http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm

I also have a thunderbird add-on that gives it system tray ability, but wouldn't you know it, the trayit utility and the thunderbird tray add-on dont play well together...

i suspect its the trayit utility causing the problem cause it wants to be a all in one tray utility for the whole system tray.. :P  ..

but anyway..

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 6:56 AM