Why the differences in the WindowsAzure.Storage API for .net standard vs full? RRS feed

• Question

• I am porting a .net 4.6.2 application to .net core 2.1. We make heavy use of WindowsAzure.Storage (9.3.2, appears to be the latest). When porting I noticed some pretty drastic differences between the publicly exposed APIs when targeting the .net standard dlls.

One example would be CloudTable. In the 4.5 version there is:

public virtual IEnumerable<DynamicTableEntity> ExecuteQuery(TableQuery query, TableRequestOptions requestOptions = null, OperationContext operationContext = null)

Whereas in .net standard, this method is inaccesible:

internal IEnumerable<DynamicTableEntity> ExecuteQuery(TableQuery query, TableRequestOptions requestOptions, OperationContext operationContext)

I'm wondering if there is a plan to standardize this, maybe a road map?

Also, are there any resources for porting .net full to asp.net core specifically related to this nuget package?

Friday, November 16, 2018 1:19 AM

All replies

• @Matt Vears Let me run it by the internal team to check if there are any specific issues.

Thanks,

Adam

Friday, November 16, 2018 11:44 PM
  • Sorry for the delayed response. In .NET Core, recommend approach is to use of the async methods. You should be able to find ExecuteQueryAsync

If you need further assistance on this query, please feel free to contact us.

Friday, November 30, 2018 5:41 PM