none
BizTalk 2010 - Deployment issue with Oracledbbinding RRS feed

• Question

• Hello again

I am seeking help again with the deployment of an application from development box to the production. The application is supposed to poll a record from the oracle database and does some transformation then put a information into a flat file. The application was tested and working correctly in the dev environments. I exported the application into an msi then imported it back to the production server. The production server was setup properly, with ODT ODAC, oracle client and other relevant components. The application was imported successfully into the production and started normally. However, when I tried to put a record into the Oracle database to test, I got this error: (I can see the application in the GAC)

Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
       XML disassembler
       TTTTTTTT
       oracledb://servname/?PollingId=XXXX
       The document specification <YYYY.OracleDBBindingPOLLINGSTMTYYYY_000001+POLLINGSTMT> from assembly <YYYY, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5acf4cac4e589e87> failed to load. Verify the schema for this document specification is deployed and is in the Global Assembly Cache. 

I appreciate any hint anyone may offer.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:03 PM

Answers

• The import process is a 2 step process, you need to import the msi and then you need to run the msi, running the msi places the dlls in the msi in the GAC, please make sure that you have run the msi in addition to importing it.
    Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Thursday, September 8, 2011 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by FrankTo Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:14 PM

All replies

• The import process is a 2 step process, you need to import the msi and then you need to run the msi, running the msi places the dlls in the msi in the GAC, please make sure that you have run the msi in addition to importing it.
    Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Thursday, September 8, 2011 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by FrankTo Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Thank you, Bill. I only imported the msi but did not run it as I am very new to BizTalk. Thank you for your advice. Will run the msi to make sure it put the stuff in the GAC.
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:08 PM