FoxyPreviewer Corrupt PDF RRS feed

• Question

• The FoxyPreviewer has been working out great for my clients.  The ability to save reports to alternate formats is really appreciated.  However, occasionally, when saving a report to PDF, I get a corrupt file message when I try to open it.  I am opening it using Adobe 9.4.  The message I get is 'There was an error opening this document.  The file is damaged and could not be repaired." 

I've look at my programs that generate reports where the PDF is fine and the ones where the PDF is corrupt and can ascertain no appreciable file differences.

Has anyone experienced this?  Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Frogger

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:25 PM

Answers

• FYI

I answered my own question.  The reports that generated a PDF error when opening them, were using the font 'Britannic Bold'.  Apparently, the PDF generator didn't like that or it maybe that that particular font was no longer on my system (I did not test the latter).

Frogger

• Proposed as answer by Cesar Ch Friday, September 7, 2012 3:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:42 PM

All replies

• FYI

I answered my own question.  The reports that generated a PDF error when opening them, were using the font 'Britannic Bold'.  Apparently, the PDF generator didn't like that or it maybe that that particular font was no longer on my system (I did not test the latter).

Frogger

• Proposed as answer by Cesar Ch Friday, September 7, 2012 3:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Foxypreviewer contains a list of font substitutions inside and you are right the Britannic Bold isn't listed most probably but you may add it and recompile the Foxypreviewer yourself.
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:31 PM
  • Hi Pavel,

would you be able to point out exactly where I can find that font list in FoxyPreviewer?

Rgds,

KoenP

Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:01 PM