Remove metro apps (right click do not work)

Question

• Hey, sorry for my bad english.... I created some test metro apps with visual studio 2011 and they appear on the start screen. I later did a refresh of the system "Control Panel > General > Refresh your PC without affecting your files" - all worked fine but my test metro apps are still on the start menu but do not open anymore. Thats fine, the problem is that I can't remove them either. If I right click them the bar with the "Unpin" option do not appear (on other apps this works)... and they show the text "Installing...". Does anybody knows how can I remove this zombie apps or where win8 saves what should appear on the start screen?
    Monday, September 19, 2011 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Leo,

Thanks for reporting this problem. We understand the issue and are taking corrective measures accordingly. If you encounter this problem again, please refer to the thread below for workarounds.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/0a614113-34b7-4512-8471-15b83a76b6d3/

Thanks.

Nalin

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Hey leo_mck,

Since you already performed a Refresh and the problem is still there, I suggest that you perform a Reset to get your system back to the state it was in just after you first installed Windows Developer Preview.  You can access the Reset feature from inside Windows by going to the Metro UI Control Panel, then choose General and scroll down towards the bottom of the right pane or by pressing F8 at system startup and choose Troubleshooting from the menu there.  I hope this helps.  Let us know the results.

Just a reminder that you will need to back up your files since those will be lost and you will also have to redo any customized settings and reinstall any applications that you have installed.

Regards,

Gary

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:29 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hey leo_mck,

Since you already performed a Refresh and the problem is still there, I suggest that you perform a Reset to get your system back to the state it was in just after you first installed Windows Developer Preview.  You can access the Reset feature from inside Windows by going to the Metro UI Control Panel, then choose General and scroll down towards the bottom of the right pane or by pressing F8 at system startup and choose Troubleshooting from the menu there.  I hope this helps.  Let us know the results.

Just a reminder that you will need to back up your files since those will be lost and you will also have to redo any customized settings and reinstall any applications that you have installed.

Regards,

Gary

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Leo,

Thanks for reporting this problem. We understand the issue and are taking corrective measures accordingly. If you encounter this problem again, please refer to the thread below for workarounds.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/0a614113-34b7-4512-8471-15b83a76b6d3/

Thanks.

Nalin

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Does a Reset affect the ATT configuration on the BUILD Samsung tablets? Does the ATT app get restored?

-Greg

Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:06 PM
  • The ATT app does get restored however it will restore back to default configuration. Any changes made to the default will need to be made again.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 11:28 PM