locked
Strange Lightswitch behavior RRS feed

  • Question

  • Was working on a project this morning in Lightswitch and came upon some very strange behavior. Lightswitch seems to be ignoring any new code that I write. Couple examples:

    1. Added a new button, wrote some code for button to open screen and send some parameters.  Button will not work.  Shows as grayed out.

    2. Deleted all code from a few existing buttons as a test, buttons continued to function as if the code had not been deleted.

    3. Modified the post render code of a few items, lightswitch appears to ignore those modifications.

    4. Added another button and edited the "Action" of the button.  Button can be seen but does not work.  The action was to simply open an existing screen.

    Has anybody experienced anything like this?  I don't get any errors when building the application.  I don't believe I made any major changes to it, just a few code updates.  The only thing I've noticed is that I have 3 warnings Error List that I haven't noticed before, two of them reference JavaScript syntax errors although I'm sure there are no syntax errors in the referenced file.  The warnings are:

    Warning 29  run-time warning JS1002: Syntax error: }

    Warning 30  run-time warning JS1004: Expected ';': {

    Warning 31 All projects referencing Project.Server.csproj must install nuget package Microsoft.Bcl.Build. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=317569. C:\Users\Billy\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Project\Project\packages\Microsoft.Bcl.Build.1.0.21\build\Microsoft.Bcl.Build.targets 243 6

    Just very odd behavior that has me stumped.

    Monday, July 13, 2015 3:08 PM

Answers

  • There was a previous thread similar and that turned out to be that the Debug/Release Configuration Manager somehow ended up with various projects in the solution under the debug config being set to release. As a consequence some of the auto-generated assets were not being refreshed in the debug folders. Correcting the debug configuration to all be debug and a rebuild sorted the problem.

    So you could check for that and check if necessary that the 'GeneratedArtifacts' updated date matches with the time of your latest rebuild.

    Dave


    Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

    • Marked as answer by billym99 Monday, July 13, 2015 5:51 PM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 3:47 PM

All replies

  • There was a previous thread similar and that turned out to be that the Debug/Release Configuration Manager somehow ended up with various projects in the solution under the debug config being set to release. As a consequence some of the auto-generated assets were not being refreshed in the debug folders. Correcting the debug configuration to all be debug and a rebuild sorted the problem.

    So you could check for that and check if necessary that the 'GeneratedArtifacts' updated date matches with the time of your latest rebuild.

    Dave


    Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

    • Marked as answer by billym99 Monday, July 13, 2015 5:51 PM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Thanks so much Dave!  That fixed my problem immediately.
    Monday, July 13, 2015 5:51 PM