Clarification on "works with" and "certified" programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having a doubt that the windows works with and certified programs are for the developers and customers only or

if I belong to a company and i want to do Application compatibility testing for a customer then can i use these tools of the both programs(works with and certified programs )?

can anyone please answer my question.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hello again,

The Certification tool and the Works with Tool are primarily designed to help the developer and tester community to benefit from the quality standards on the Windows Server platform.

We highly encourage everyone to take advantage of the full benefits of these programs by participating in them and submitting their application for atleast one of the programs.

In some situations participation may not be possible for certain application types.

(For example, Line of business applications and non commercial applicatiosn are not eligible)

However we have been hearing from developers and testers that benefit by using these tools during their regular development cycle and during test passes. We love that and we are here to help with improving the quality of applications on the Windows ecosystem.

Since both thes tools are free, you may simply download and use them with out commitments to submit your application.

Let us know if you have questions,

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:00 AM