none
Make a custom Ribbon button "glow"? RRS feed

• Question

• Word 2010.

My Template Project adds some custom Ribbon controls, and I'd like to make one of the buttons "glow" until a new user has clicked it at least once, similar to the way the Office button in Office 2007 apps glowed on first use. Is there a way to make a Ribbon button "glow"?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Jrv

I'm afraid not :-( That's another one of those things that the 'Softies have kept for themselves...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by JRV529088 Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:47 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Jrv

I'm afraid not :-( That's another one of those things that the 'Softies have kept for themselves...

• Marked as answer by JRV529088 Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:47 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:25 PM
  • Hi Cindy, and thanks for the quick answer!

"JRV" is short for "Jeff Vandervoort" who you may (or may not!) remember from my CIS/WUGNET days (mostly WordBasic) and early MVP days on Usenet. Just getting back into Word development after many years, so I'm a newbie all over again. Glad you're still helping folks out!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Hi Jeff

Oh, and how I remember your name and the old forums :-)! Yes, good to "see" you again - after all these years. I notice you haven't lost the knack for interesting topics <g>

You into VBA, now, or a .NET language? Or both?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:15 PM
  • 100% VBA. Haven't dabbled in .Net. If this project takes off, I'll probably need to, though.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:22 PM
  • <G> Enjoy! We'll be here when you need us...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:52 PM
  • I know you will be, Cindy...MVPs are the best!
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:46 AM