Unable to submit update to beta application RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to update my beta all morning, with no success.

I get to the final screen, with the "Submit" and "Go back and edit" buttons.

It will allow me to go back and edit, but not submit. There is no error message. I've tried from multiple computers.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Answers

• An update:

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I tried the same thing in Firefox, and it worked. I was originally using Chrome, which is what I've been using from the very start.

So something has happened that renders Chrome unusable for app submission in the dev center.

Most likely a javascript error of some kind, but nothing that shows up as an error in the browser.

• Marked as answer by David Mays Friday, August 23, 2013 1:07 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hello David,

If your beta has reached 90 days in age you will not be able to update it any further, this is by design. The solution is to create a new alias and submit a new beta.

If your beta submission is less than 90 days old please contact developer support for additional assistance.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:11 PM
  • The beta has not expired. I have contacted developer support, but there has been no response.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:38 PM
  • The beta has not expired. I have contacted developer support, but there has been no response.

the same behavior :(

yesterday was OK

• An update:

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I tried the same thing in Firefox, and it worked. I was originally using Chrome, which is what I've been using from the very start.

So something has happened that renders Chrome unusable for app submission in the dev center.

Most likely a javascript error of some kind, but nothing that shows up as an error in the browser.

• Marked as answer by David Mays Friday, August 23, 2013 1:07 AM
  • Thank you!!! BTW - yesterday i have update silverlight! May be thi is a reason?
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:13 PM
  • It appears that a recent update to Chrome has resulted in an incompatibility with parts of the Dev Center. Some developers have had success by switching to incognito mode. Otherwise, another browser, such as Internet Explorer, should allow you to submit your app.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Friday, August 23, 2013 4:41 PM