none
How to create a custom timesheet event handler which will check for mandatory custom field value on save and submit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working with project server 2007 with SP2 and SQL server 2008.

The task is to customize the timesheet view and include custom fields say comments field and location field. and should be validated for mandatory text when the user click save and submit.

If the text in these custom fields is blank then user should be given a prompt or cancel the event so that again the user needs to create the timesheet.

Please help..i have posted tis question in many forums but dint get any response.

Regards,

Sudhir

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is not possible to add these additional fields to the timesheet view - sorry.

One option is to create a SQL report for this view, but this would be to view the information only.

Sorry.

Dharmesh

Best Regards, Dharmesh Patel www.dharmeshpatel.co.uk
    • Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:32 AM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:32 AM
  • Hi Dharmesh,

Thanks for your response.

I do understand that there is no such OOB feature available in PS which would suffice my requirement. I was trying to write a event handler which overrides the Timesheet OnSubmitting event but no luck.

Can anyone provide my some sample code for cusomizing OnSubmitting event of timesheet.

Regards,

Sudhir

Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:50 PM
  • Sorry not that I am aware - Sorry I am not able to help you further.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Best Regards, Dharmesh Patel www.dharmeshpatel.co.uk
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 9:59 AM