Separate Comma delimited values for Pie Chart RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Techies,
    I have few records in CRM Opportunity Entity with a column called as crm_AppliedFunderUtilized which stores values as comma delimited. Here I have a requirement to get the data in SSRS Pie chart as a count of individual items from a comma delimited string and also have separate items as a legends.

• Edited by Sachchin Friday, October 25, 2019 1:40 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Techies,
    I have few records in CRM Opportunity Entity with a column called as crm_AppliedFunderUtilized which stores values as comma delimited. Here I have a requirement to get the data in SSRS Pie chart as a count of individual items from a comma delimited string.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:00 PM
  • Hi,

What is your specific issue ?

In which part of your job has you met the problem?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 3:11 AM
  • As per the screenshot, it display data with comma separated values and would need to separate them as single value in legends as well as PIE Chart. 
    Friday, October 25, 2019 11:06 AM
  • Please don't double post the same question.

Friday, October 25, 2019 11:17 AM
  • This looks to be a duplicate of your other question thread that is awaiting an answer from you. You've stated requirements but have not asked a question. If the image a mock-up rather than something you've tried, follow up in your other thread with that information. It might help if you add the CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements for the source data to clarify your question. 

Dan Guzman, Data Platform MVP, http://www.dbdelta.com

Friday, October 25, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Apologies...
    I was not able to paste the image over there.. and image is the screenshot of the report i am working on. 

We are trying to fetch data from the CRM Dynamics through fetchxml and the comma separated values are in the multiline text field.

I would need some help/sugestions regarding the comma separated values in the legend and pie chart.

• Edited by Sachchin Friday, October 25, 2019 1:41 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Hi Sachchin,

For counting the substrings number in the string separated by "," you could try using expression in your report design.

=split(Fields!theField.value,",").length 

From the information we have now, we could not have the separated substrings to be used as legends. This depends one the value that in the chart. For each substring, I assume, there should be a value for it ? If so, we need to process the dataset somehow, which is not very handy in SSRS.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 3:16 AM