Cannot read property 'length' of undefined RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

First I have to say that I am aware of the similar questions already asked in the forum but the proposed solutions do not seem to help in my case.
    I am using LightSwitch HTML Client in VS2013 Update 2. Here is the scenario: I open some of the screens, then go back to the home screen - it works fine. I hit F5 and I get "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined". This happens only for the home screen. There is nothing special about the home page and there is only one extension used in the project - "Microsoft LightSwitch Extensions" and I cannot remove it because I am utilizing the business types provided by the extension. I already tried with a new project but was not able to reproduce the issue. Also tried to create a new home screen in the current application and the issue persists.

Thanks,
    Martin

Friday, August 1, 2014 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hey Martin,

are you using any javascript libraries, other then the ones in the default installation (had a similar problem with a 3rd party control vendor once)

Keep rocking LS!
    Jan

PS: have you seen app-stitch yet? It's a visually simple yet powerful way of designing business rules for Visual Studio LightSwitch apps.

• Proposed as answer by Lareina11 Monday, August 18, 2014 8:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:12 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:05 AM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 7:50 PM