none
BTDF deployment error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I Created a BTDF for a solution and it is working fine .I am updating the SettingsFileGenerator.xml file for send port for different server . 

If i deploy the generated MSIl via BTDF and using the test environment configuration file then it is throwing error " DestinationFolder value is Invalid" .

SendOuput : 

D:\BizTalk Projects\Testing\BTDFDMO\devOut ( this  is new value for send port in test environment ). And in the PortBinding.Xml file i am giving send port address as : ${SendOuput}\%MessageID%.xml

what i am doing wrong here?

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:57 PM

Answers

• First of all, check and repair these things in Visual Studio, not after you have created the MSI.

But, let's check some other things:

• Make sure PortBindingsMaster.xml is in your solution. This should be the file containing the environment variables.
    • In your Deployment.btdfproj, set the following properties:
      • UsingMasterBindings: true
      • ApplyXmlEscape: true
    • In visual studio, select Menu Tools->Deployment Framework for BizTalk->Deploy BizTalk Solution
    • If this works,create a new MSI and test it

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:59 AM

All replies

• Instead of PortBinding.Xml, you should use the PortBindingsMaster.xml

If you did that, you should check the generated binding file (in Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\)

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:05 PM
  • Hi Claudio,

If do this changed file name to PortBindingMaster.xml then getting error "Could not find the file  PortBinding.xml"

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi Claudio,

I did this but still getting the same error .

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Did you find the generated SettingsFile for the environment you are deploying too? Probably: Exported_TestSettings.xml

The location should look like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\[package]\1.0\Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\

Check what the value for SendOuput is there.

Oh: And now I see SendOuput is not correctly spelled. Did you name it exactly that in both your binding and your settingsfile?

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Hi,

Yes that is ok in all location. It seems ${} is working means whenever i am using this for environment according values , it is not replacing values.  

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:06 AM
  • First of all, check and repair these things in Visual Studio, not after you have created the MSI.

But, let's check some other things:

• Make sure PortBindingsMaster.xml is in your solution. This should be the file containing the environment variables.
    • In your Deployment.btdfproj, set the following properties:
      • UsingMasterBindings: true
      • ApplyXmlEscape: true
    • In visual studio, select Menu Tools->Deployment Framework for BizTalk->Deploy BizTalk Solution
    • If this works,create a new MSI and test it

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:59 AM