none
How to access Project Online with PSI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I want to develop an application that can access and edit the Views of a Project Online.

I had success accessing and editing the views of an on-premise Project Server installation via the View.asmx web service. 

I noticed that I can access the View.asmx?wsdl file through my browser for Project Online too, but didn't find a way to get data. ( I managed to authenticate with the server, but nothing happens after that)

So the question would be : if it's even possible, how can I access a Project Online's web services and how can I work with them?

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi !

Microsoft recommends use CSOM for developing Project Online application.
    "To develop applications for Project Online, you must use the Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client namespace instead of the PSI."  source MSDN .

But as I know there is not possible to access and manage Views by Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client API.  Quotation again:  "The CSOM implements the main functionality of the Project Server Interface (PSI) for the primary entities such as Project, Task, EnterpriseResource, and Assignment. It includes additional entities such as CustomField, LookupTable, WorkflowActivities, EventHandler, and QueueJob, which support other common Project Server functionality."

Hope this help... 

Vadim Gerya, PMP

Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:24 AM