Windows Client and Windows Phone Associaions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I have a Windows Phone app and a Windows Client app since they were different stores at one point.  Now however, I want to drop the Windows Store version and add the UWP app to the Windows Phone version and carry on with one app so that my users don't have to pay twice.  Also my Windows Phone version has over 500 ratings and reviews and I want to keep that data.

I can't seem to associate the Windows Store version of the app with the Windows Phone version, it does not appear on the list when creating an app package nor does it allow me to upload it to the Windows Phone version because the association is wrong.  

How can I associate a Windows 10 UWP all with a Windows Phone version of the app?  

This is such a mess.

Friday, May 27, 2016 9:53 PM

Answers

• Hello timothystewart6,

It sounds like the phone version may not have a reserved name, whereas the store version likely owns it; however, if you are still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may investigate and assist you appropriately. Thank you!

Saturday, June 4, 2016 3:53 PM

All replies

• Did you try this link?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt148501.aspx

Gaurav Khanna | Microsoft .NET MVP | Microsoft Community Contributor

Monday, May 30, 2016 12:56 PM
  • Hello timothystewart6,

It sounds like the phone version may not have a reserved name, whereas the store version likely owns it; however, if you are still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may investigate and assist you appropriately. Thank you!

Saturday, June 4, 2016 3:53 PM