Older versions of [MS-*] protocol documents? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to obtain older versions of some of the Exchange protocol documents for change-tracking purposes. Unfortunately I relied exclusively on the web version during development, and I didn't make baseline copies specs I developed to.

Is it possible to obtain these documents?

I originally developed to the 2/10/2010 version. The document I'm most concerned with is [MS-OXCROPS],  but many of the other Exchange documents at that version or later versions are of interest.

Thanks,

John Lowery

Friday, December 2, 2011 7:25 PM

Answers

• John,

dochelp@microsoft.com is probably the best way forward. If you need something in a hurry, find my business card in the stack from January and drop me an email.

Brad

Sunday, December 4, 2011 3:52 AM
  • Hi John,

The latest version of the open specification protocol documents is what is available. The combination of the change tracking information along with the product behavior section for each document is meant to help implementers to track changes. Please explain which kind of problem you run into and which document and which version of it you need. This might be too specific on the forum, please send this information to “dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com” and indicate that it is for me.

Thanks, Vilmos

Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum. One of our support engineers will respond soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Saturday, December 3, 2011 7:04 AM
  • John,

dochelp@microsoft.com is probably the best way forward. If you need something in a hurry, find my business card in the stack from January and drop me an email.

Brad

Sunday, December 4, 2011 3:52 AM
  • Hi John,

The latest version of the open specification protocol documents is what is available. The combination of the change tracking information along with the product behavior section for each document is meant to help implementers to track changes. Please explain which kind of problem you run into and which document and which version of it you need. This might be too specific on the forum, please send this information to “dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com” and indicate that it is for me.

Thanks, Vilmos

Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Vilmos and Brad

Thank you for your responses. I have replied to Vilmos at dochelp with the specific document and version I hope to obtain.

The change tracking information at the end of each document is certainly helpful and has sufficient detail, but it is relative only to the previous version of the document. So it's a lot more useful to those who have access to all versions of the document than to someone with only the current version.  

Thanks again,

John 

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:20 AM