please recommend ORM RRS feed

• Question

• User-1556678718 posted

Hi,

I need to develop an MVC application and I need it to connect to SQL database. I need to use ORM but shouldn't be entity framework (too inflexible) and shouldn't be ADO.NET (it would have been my choice but they want something newer :( ). Any recommendations please?

Thanks

Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:35 AM

Answers

• User-309798877 posted

You can user Dapper ORM or NHibernate both are open source.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:57 AM
  • User1120430333 posted

Hi,

I need to develop an MVC application and I need it to connect to SQL database. I need to use ORM but shouldn't be entity framework (too inflexible) and shouldn't be ADO.NET (it would have been my choice but they want something newer :( ). Any recommendations please?

Thanks

What do you mean EF is too inflexible?

Can it be that you don't know how to use EF effectively? Yes, there is Nhibernate, which is worst than EF in some regards.

Yeah there is Dapper that I don't even consider it to be an ORM, just a simple object mapper.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 12:35 PM

All replies

• User-309798877 posted

You can user Dapper ORM or NHibernate both are open source.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:57 AM
  • User1120430333 posted

Hi,

Thanks

What do you mean EF is too inflexible?

Can it be that you don't know how to use EF effectively? Yes, there is Nhibernate, which is worst than EF in some regards.

Yeah there is Dapper that I don't even consider it to be an ORM, just a simple object mapper.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 12:35 PM