Add Package and removing package after install, licencing info? RRS feed

• Question

• I need a little help on a "maybe" licence breaking?

my goal is to use the WS7E, so if I install everything with the SKU of "E", but I add the component "TabletPC" (which is SKU "P"), I make the installation add all my stuff and then remove the "TabletPC" Component (with DISM by example) do I need to buy the licence for SKU "E" or SKU "P" since I don't have anymore any component of "P" ?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:50 AM

All replies

• You should talk to a distributor to get an official answer.

If you have only packages for the E SKU then you only need to pay for the WS7E.

Why are you including TabletPC if you are only going to take it out later?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Hi, when I install the tabletPC my "multitouch" screen begin to work, and if I uninstall it, the multitouch still work with a single point touch, without installation and removing the tabletPC, the windows see the single touch but don't enable it, so I can't use it.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Bascially, what you want is that multitouch support be made available for WS7E without having to add Tablet PC, correct?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:19 AM
  • Not really, I want the "single touch" working :) not the multitouch or all the tools coming with the tablet pc component, only the "click" and go on my screen ;)

If you take Windows 7 Home Edition, if you remove the "tabletpc" component the "single touch" still work... if I do the same thing on the windows embedded, the touch screen doesn't work anymore... (windows detect a single touch input availaible)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:22 AM