VS2012 Source Control even worse that 2010. How do I get my files. RRS feed

• Question

• Get Latest Version -> All files are up to date -> what files there are none in this folder you failed to get them last time -> Use 'Get Specific Version' with Overwrite... -> There is no "Get Specific Version" option anymore in 2012, even using the history windows just keeps on telling me that I already have the files.

Source control that refuses to fetch your files? Really!?! Not happy with already have the worst source control ever for some reason and somehow 2012 is the new champion. Why does TFS track client state, Or rather attemp to track client state?

I wasted sooooo many hours trying to get TFS to perform basic source operations that it's just plain ludicrous. Please, please, please throw away TFS and write it again properly.

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi B1GRU55,

What is the source control tool you use in VS 2012? Here we just could help you on VSS source control tool, for TFS please consult it in the TFS version control forum, and for the third part tools, please consult them in the corresponding support channel.

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 12, 2012 3:10 AM