none
Printer in Windows Mobile 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'd like to know what would be the option to consider a "printer" in Windows Mobile 6 so that to be able to write in a file through a "default printer"?

I have a set of applications on a professional PDA using this OS, the apps being both in managed code (C#) and in C. Since I need to print out reports on a Bluetooth printer I use C# from the BT printer manufacturer's SDK. But the reports are created in C through usual (in fact the appropriated mobile MSFT library) Win32 functions. Then in order to get to the BT printer I thought I can first write the report in a "print file", picked-up by the C# dll (I use winsock between the modules).

Therefore, my question is: how could I write to this "print file" in Win Mobile 6, using Win32 functions?
    If not, what would be the alternatives?
    Many thanks! 

Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:51 PM

Answers

• Windows Mobile  has no printing support out of the box. You may try some 3rd party libraries, such as PrintCE
    http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=print.html 

It's also helpful to contact the manufacturer of the printer for such possibilities.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by Opariti Monday, June 8, 2009 1:36 PM
    Monday, June 8, 2009 8:08 AM

All replies