none
Oracle.DataAccess.Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed ODP.NET (.exe) , but  i am unable to use the functionality included in the Oracle.DataAccess.Client
    I want to use Oracle.DataAccess.Client to make ODBC connection to the oracle datbase in VS 2005

Please Help me Out......!!!
    Thanks in advance.....!!!
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:39 PM Not IDE related (From:Visual C# IDE)
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:36 PM

Answers

• You need to provide more information. For example, if your application is generating an exception (error) please indicate what it is and when it occurs.

Just an FYI, the native .NET Oracle library does not require ODBC nor does it support it. If you need to use ODBC then you would use the System.Data.Odbc library and the Oracle ODBC driver.
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:16 PM

All replies

• You need to provide more information. For example, if your application is generating an exception (error) please indicate what it is and when it occurs.

Just an FYI, the native .NET Oracle library does not require ODBC nor does it support it. If you need to use ODBC then you would use the System.Data.Odbc library and the Oracle ODBC driver.
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:16 PM
  • 
    HI,
    I have tnsnames.ora containing duplicate entries. One is invalid and another one is valid.
    Thier entry order is as 
    1. Valid entry
    2. Invalid entry
    When I tries to create oracle connection through  Oracle.DataAccess.Client driver, it throws exception as 
    "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exists."
    But when I tries to change the order of those entry in tnsnames.ora like
    1. Invalid entry
    2. Valid entry
    Then it able to create connection.
    Why is this behavior? Is there any solution to it?
    Regards,
    Jay

Friday, January 31, 2014 12:02 PM