none
"wcf adapter service" project template not available vs2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have installed both the Adapter packs x86 and x64 and the WCF LOB SDK and all I get is the "add adapter service reference" option, and through Biztalk the "consume adapter service" options on add generated items option. I want the "wcf adapter service" template when adding a new web site to host in IIS.

I have installed the complete version for all 3 above.

Where is it gone???

Please Help..... 

Biztalk Developer
    • Changed type Steef-Jan WiggersMVP, Moderator Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:24 AM No follow up to So I un-installed and re-installed custom and selected everything and the template isn't there.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In Visual Studio 2010, on the File menu, select New and then click Web Site. In the New Web Site dialog box, set the Language to Visual C# and select WCF Adapter Service from Templates. According to MSDN Using the WCF Adapter Service Development Wizard. If it is not there I suggest to do a repair of SDK.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Hi,

Yeah been there done that and still no luck....

Biztalk Developer
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Hi Jody,

In case of a missing template still, you might have to repair the installation of the SDK to get the template.

Cheers

--------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 4:54 AM
  • No I think this is maybe because not all the options were selected during the WCF LOB SDK install. The default does not include everything. Try uninstalling and then installing again and making sure to do a custom install and checking everything.

Also, I can't remember if this template shows on just the WCF LOB SDK or if it is part of the BizTalk adapter pack.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Hi,

I actually did that too....I read where the default install didn't install everything. So I un-installed and re-installed custom and selected everything and the template isn't there... :(

Biztalk Developer
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:53 AM
  • Well, this is strange , Can you follow the sequence and do a complete install of all the componets, Step1 Step 2 and Step 3 in this attached image. That should surely do it.
    --------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 7:00 AM
  • And perhaps a repair of the Visual Studio installation. 
    Down there somewhere, its just ones and zeros.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Ben Cline's comment gave me the clues that led me to solve my identical problem. I had "Consume WCF Service" as an option in "Add Generated Items," but not "Consume Adapter Service." Turns out, when I installed the WCF LOB Adapter SDK, I had omitted the BizTalk Server Addin feature; so, I only had the Runtime and Tools features. Apparently, I had everything else right, because as soon as I added the BizTalk Server Addin feature of the WCF LOB Adapter SDK the "Consume Adapter Service" option appeared in "Add Generated Items."
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:29 PM
  • Did you get a fix of this issue, I am facing the same problem
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:09 PM