LDAP Help... Specifically... RRS feed

• Question

• User-1826551050 posted

Okay... so in our AD, we have things broken down by location -> department -> Users or Computers or Portables

I use something like DC=Layer01, DC=Layer02, DC=Layer03 for my Base DN.

I then use a filter of OU=DeptX and it finds all 12 instances of that DeptX that are spread amongs all Location OUs.

I'd like to complicate the matter by finding all objects -within- only the Computers and Portables OUs by 'name' and only within this one particular department's OUs but in -any- location.

I've tried (|(OU=Computers,OU=DeptX)(OU=Portables,OU=DeptX)) just to see if I could at least list out the correct OUs... but that returns nothing.  Haven't even tried going further to pulling the names of all of the objects in them.

Can someone provide some guidance?

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:26 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi MrSmith

I've tried (|(OU=Computers,OU=DeptX)(OU=Portables,OU=DeptX)) just to see if I could at least list out the correct OUs... but that returns nothing.  Haven't even tried going further to pulling the names of all of the objects in them.

Search filters enable you to define search criteria and provide more efficient and effective searches, please follow the Search Filter Syntax below, and have a try whether it is helpful to you,

Search Filter Syntax(Windows)

With kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 9:22 PM