none
MySQL database connection RRS feed

• Question

• I don't think the same database user (on the server side) can login more than once in to the same database at the same time is possible, but how can I access a database and login? Each client connects to the same database, and each client would use the same user/pass for gaining access to the database.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Kyle12, Im not sure exactly what you mean by your question. But just to let you know. Mysql has a main login username and password. Username is usually root if the default setting have not been changed and the password is the password you used to install mysql. Once you login using your main login details, you can then create seperate user accounts and give them certain permissions. But again, please try to explain a little more about your problem.
    Thursday, October 4, 2007 11:47 AM
  • Basically I have a couple clients, all of which need to communicate with a single database using the same login details to access the database. If you still don't understand, what would happen if 2 users in the same database both logged in as "root" at the same time... would the MySQL throw an error, is this an illegal operation, what would happen if you applied the same situation to a .NET application?

Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:48 PM