none
Enable Isolated Shell Toolbox Items

Question

• I am creating a visual studio isolated shell application where I do not directly open a visual studio solution. I created my own solution explorer and my project is based off of dynamic data from a database. One of the VSPackages I have loaded opens a form that should allow users to drag and drop items from the toolbox window to the form.  I have create custom user controls that have been added to the toolbox. The problem is when I open the form in the isolated shell the toolbox items are disabled and I cannot drag and drop them. If I reset the toolbox or just show all items nothing changes. All of the other standard toolbox items are disabled also. How do I get the isolated shell to enable those items?
    Monday, October 17, 2016 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please tell us your VS edition firstly.

Or a screenshot of this issue would be more intuitional.

Besides, have you installed the Shell (Isolated) Redistributable Package?

If not, please install the corresponding one.

For example,  if you are using the VS 2013, here is the 2013 Shell package.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40764

Please also go to Control Panel to check if you have installed the SQL Server Data Tools in Visual Studio well.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Sql Server Data tools were not installed. Thank You
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:04 PM
  • Hi my friend,

After installing the SSDT tools, does the isolated shell application run smoothly?

You could also right-click Toolbox and Reset Toolbox.

Or any update about this issue, we will try to help you for further troubleshooting.

How about giving us a screenshot about this issue?

You may upload the pictures to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:04 AM