Connection forcibly closed - while uploading app package using store api - python RRS feed

• Question

• As following the sample python code for windows-store-submission-api, I got the fileUploadURL and I'm trying to upload the app packages zip file using requests.put python function. Within a minute, I get an error,

ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))

My zip file consists of the .msixupload package which I usually upload directly to the store. This file is about 400mb.

Code block used to upload the zip file,

# Upload images and packages in a zip file. Note that large file might need to be handled differently
    f = open(zipFilePath, 'rb')
    uploadResponse = requests.put(fileUploadUrl.replace("+", "%2B"), f, headers={"x-ms-blob-type": "BlockBlob"})
    print(uploadResponse.status_code)

Any reason/help on why it's failing? Thank you/

Monday, April 20, 2020 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhi-SketchUp,
    There are many reason[Error codes] result in this issue,such as the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, the remote host uses a hard close,the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close.Sometimes trying this from inside a firewalled Corporate network is also caused this error. Please rule out these possibilities first.
    By the way, you'd better ask your thread at this forum[Submission API] where your question is more appropriate to be answered.

Best regards
    Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2020 8:17 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Isn't the remote host "the store" here? I'm not using corporate network behind a firewall, so I think I can cross out all of the possibilities. And I can move this thread to the Submissions API as well. Thank you.

Monday, April 20, 2020 3:45 PM