none
.net setup and databases RRS feed

  • Question

  •  Hi there,

    I think something's up with my setup, btw I am using .net 3.5sp1

    I am trying to add a new data source in Visual c# '08 Express,  the datasource in question is an access database...
    As a result i use the OLE DB provider as the data source.

    I can test the connection successfully, but when i click ok i get the error,

    "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed"

    I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what is going on?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Mal.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:36 PM

Answers

  • Heyo, me again,

    Sorry to keep on digging up old threads but if anyone was interested,

    The only way I could solve this problem was to simply uninstall visual studio, and anything related to SQL server,a
    Then to uninstall everything to do with the .net framework (after the first part as some uninstallers require .net)

    and simply start again, d/l .net 1.0 then the fixes, then 2.0 then all updates, then 3.0 + updates and then 3.5...
    finally installing VS on top of it all...

    I know its not a very technical way of doing things but it has been the only way I've found of sorting this out!

    anyways,

    Hope it helps someone,

    Mal.
    • Marked as answer by Malouvious Friday, December 12, 2008 12:25 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2008 12:25 PM

All replies

  • What is your Windows Version?

    Could you please try to verify the .NET Framework installation on the machine first: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/f3f4a75b-9b7d-444d-aa4f-6c01d6f62f72#NET_Framework_verification

    Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    Friday, November 28, 2008 9:21 AM
  • Hey!

    Thanks for the reply,
    and sorry I haven't been able to get back to you until now,

    I'm running an up to date XP, and I downloaded the tool, selected .net 3.5 SP 1, and clicked verify.

    I wasn't sure whether it would be worthwhile posting the log as it said product verification succeeded.

    Thanks again,

    Mal.
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:46 PM
  • Heyo, me again,

    Sorry to keep on digging up old threads but if anyone was interested,

    The only way I could solve this problem was to simply uninstall visual studio, and anything related to SQL server,a
    Then to uninstall everything to do with the .net framework (after the first part as some uninstallers require .net)

    and simply start again, d/l .net 1.0 then the fixes, then 2.0 then all updates, then 3.0 + updates and then 3.5...
    finally installing VS on top of it all...

    I know its not a very technical way of doing things but it has been the only way I've found of sorting this out!

    anyways,

    Hope it helps someone,

    Mal.
    • Marked as answer by Malouvious Friday, December 12, 2008 12:25 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2008 12:25 PM