Sequential workflow not being deployed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've been working on a package for sharepoint 2007 that includes 2 custom field types, 1 event receiver and 1 sequential workflow

Everything else in the BCA_ReadAndSignDocuments project gets added to the WSP file when being deployed.  I've added ReminderWorkflow as a project reference to the main BCA_ReadAndSignDocuments project, and expected that would be enough.  I cannot see ReminderWorkflow in the GAC.

I don't get asked where to attach the workflow when I create a new sequential workflow library.

Any ideas whats wrong?  I've searched online, but can only find examples where they only deploy the workflow.  I'd like to deploy everything together - should be easier to maintain.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:53 PM all pre-sp 2010 wf questions go to the workflow forum (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:25 PM

Answers

• Include your workflow assembly & workflow feature  in MakeCab.ddf. Otherwise use WSP builder to create the WSP. once you add those file into wsp, then you can activate the workflow feature and then goto List & attach the workflow manually

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, January 23, 2012 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:37 PM

All replies

• Include your workflow assembly & workflow feature  in MakeCab.ddf. Otherwise use WSP builder to create the WSP. once you add those file into wsp, then you can activate the workflow feature and then goto List & attach the workflow manually

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, January 23, 2012 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:37 PM
  • thanks for that ddpatil,

I had a look at wsp builder (from codeplex?) yesterday.  There seemed to be quite a few differences to the structure of the custom field types when using wsp builder - theres a load of 'bug fix' code in the template.  I'm having a look into MakeCab.ddf.  Thanks for the pointers :)

Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:43 AM