WCF RIA Service Still doesn't load in the screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sorry I insist in this question, but my first one seems to have been forgoten.

I still can't access data from RIA services in the screen. The message which is displayed tells me to verify my network connections.

Is it possible that some kind of network configuration must be done, in order to permit RIA services to access localhost?

I rebuid all the RIA service from scratch for severall times, I reduced the query to fixed fiels (not aggregate fields) and the same is happening.

Can anybody help me please?

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi joao

According to your description, I think you don't use connections to connect to your WCF RIA service properly in LightSwitch,

As we know, to connect to data from within the domain service class of a WCF RIA service, your code must pass a connection string to the data source provider. Developers who consume the service can store the connection string in the web.config file of the LightSwitch application when they connect to the service. In the domain service class of your WCF RIA service, your code can retrieve and consume the connection string.

You could check this document to learn how to connect to data, perhaps it is helpful for you to troubleshoot,

Regards

Angie xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Angie Xu Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:53 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:53 AM