Surface Pro 3 Pen not working with Inking Samples

Question

• I have tried a couple inking samples which use WinRT C++ with pen input (specifically SimpleInk and Ink). They work with my Surface Pro 2 Pen, but when I run them on a Surface Pro 3 with it's pen.  Specifically, I don't receive any PointerPressed/PointerMoved Events.

I know the pen is working because I can use it in OneNote.  What do we need to do differently to program against the Pen in Surface Pro 3?

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:58 AM

Answers

• Turns out some of the pen features work without putting the primary battery in it.  Once I opened it up and put the battery in, everything worked as expected. Somehow Office is able to work with it even when the primary battery isn't in it.
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:58 AM

All replies

• Chris - please access our internal resources for these questions. Ping me directly if you need to.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 12:20 PM
  • Sorry I am new to the forums.  What are the internal resources, or how do I ping you directly?  Twitter?
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:13 PM
  • Turns out some of the pen features work without putting the primary battery in it.  Once I opened it up and put the battery in, everything worked as expected. Somehow Office is able to work with it even when the primary battery isn't in it.
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:58 AM