none
Autosuggest doesn't find European addresses RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in (continental) Europe it's common to write addresses like "Street name <number>" - the street name in front and the number afterwards. So Microsoft HQ would be at "Microsoft Way 1".

Autosuggest doesn't recognize addresses written like this. Even on maps.bing.com it won't autosuggest the correct address. If I write the address like English speaking people are used to (number in front) autosuggest will find and suggest the correct address.

Please note that I'm NOT talking about the search feature in general. If I write "Grimmgasse 5, Wien", maps.bing.com will find the correct address. I'm just talking about the autosuggest dropdown, which will only suggest "Grimmgasse" without the number.

Strangely, it works with street names containing 2 words. For example, "Mariahilfer Straße 128, Wien" will be suggested correctly. But it won't work with street names containing only one word ("Grimmgasse 5" for example).

Improve on this, please!

Thanks!

Friday, August 12, 2016 1:56 PM

Answers

• I talked with the team and they are aware of this issue. Currently some addresses are supported using either format, but not all. The team is working to make improvements around this.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Interesting. This is a new service that the team is working to expand into other regions. I'll pass this information on to them so that they can investigate.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, August 12, 2016 5:07 PM

All replies