Regarding Biztalk error handling RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have few questions about biztalk error handling...if i processing the data of 10,000 records..if something wrong at 7889 record..can biztalk gives error mesages where i am wrong exactly??

What are the error codes that biztalk will give in that case..

i am looking in to weather biztalk can give exact error at particular line and all details like regular programming.....

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:30 PM

Answers

• Unless you have lots and lots and lots of RAM and lots and lots of processors with lots and lots of cores, I would recommend against processing a single message with 10,000 records - there are much more efficient ways of processing this kind of data (i.e. SSIS or some other ETL tool).

However, you can write an envelope schema and debatch the message into 10,000 individual messages and process these individually - you'll probably hit BizTalk's default throttling settings (so lots and lots and lots of resources are a good thing). 

If you want to ensure that a single message in the batch doesn't suspend the entire batch, change the 'Recoverable Interchange Processing' flag on the Xml Disassembler to 'true'. There are some really good resources out these about this:

*If you do have lots and lots of resources, I would however test both approaches to see which is the most efficient - most BizTalk shops can't afford a whacking great infrastructure (unless you're a public body, but that's another story...), so we try and architect a solution that uses the resources we have available in the most efficient manner. N.

Nick Heppleston - Independent UK BizTalk Consultant (http://www.modhul.com)

Please mark as answered if this answers your question.

Looking for a fast and efficient way to archive messages in BizTalk? Try Atomic-Scope's new BizTalk Message Archiving Pipeline Component. Download a free 14-day trial!

• Proposed as answer by Tord G. Nordahl Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bobby Biztalk Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:04 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:16 PM