SharePoint 2007 and Mac RRS feed

• Question

• My Sharepoint page contains a large amount of text in content editor web parts that are tabbed using easytabs.

The webpart widths are set to Adjust to fit zone

The pages look good on a PC and I like that I am able to use various screen sizes and the display adjusts to fit the screen.

With the webpart widths set to Adjust to fit zone, on any Mac computer, for pages that have a lot of text, the text overflows on the screen and overlaps the other text on the page.

If I change the the width to specific number of pixels, it fixes the problem on the Mac, but does not always look good on the PC.

Is there a way to have the webpart Adjust width to fit the zone for the PC and have it a fixed width for the Mac?

Thank you!

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:05 PM

Answers

• These layout issues are more browser dependent than OS dependent - Can you try some different browsers on the mac like firefox or chrome and see if any of them behave well. Mac users are more accustomed to being told "use this browser". Its not really realistic to tell windows users to not use IE, so get the web part working in IE and then make the mac users go out of their way. Another option, of course, is to not use EasyTabs...

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:34 PM