Help with Group Alerts Sample for LCS RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently been working on creating a project that will be used to do group notifications through Microsoft Office Communicator.  I was pointed to the Group Alerts Sample (found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=818ff21b-4610-4072-bfa9-6fb7cbc75c81&displaylang=en) as an example of doing just this.  After downloading this sample I tried to open it and compile it.  The first problem I ran into was that I needed to update the reference to the RTC 1.3 DLL.  This solved most of the problems with compiling.  However, the project also references a MessengerAPI which I can't seem to find much information on and I can't find a download for it.  Does anyone know where I can find the dll for the MessengerAPI.  Also, is anyone aware of any examples of interacting with Live Communication Server that are written in 2.0 or above?
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:25 PM

Answers

• This sounds like a request that needs to go to the LCS developer forum.  The Windows Live Messenger service uses a different notificaiton service (Windows Live Alerts), but it cannot connect to LCS based clients at this time.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 12:47 AM