Crystal Report for VS2010 not showing in deployment. Blank page is coming. RRS feed

• Question

• User2024895388 posted

Hello,

I'm using VS 2010 and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 to build a web application.

When I build directly on the VS2010, report viewers  shows very well.

But when I published(build) up host Windows Server 2008 - IIS 7, then just get a blank aspx pageand there are no error messages.

Please help me . I am struggling from last 7 days.

Thank you very much in advance...

Sunday, November 10, 2013 12:07 AM

Answers

• User1815411410 posted

hi kalaisurya,

the issue you experience can be caused by several factors:

1. the crystal report installed on the server does not match the crystal report used on your code
    2. the crystal report assemblied installed on the server does not match the assemblies used on your code.
    3. LOCAL SERVICE permission must be given to your application pool and WRITE permission must be enabled on your operating folder
    4. Lastly, make sure you copy the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folder to your operating folder.

If you cannot load the report, I suspect you miss Step 4 above. Above all, if you ever miss one of the steps I outlined above, your report will not load properly

Hope this helps

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 3:47 AM

All replies

• User-801004448 posted

Have you installed Crystal reports runtime on the server?

It could be permission related. If you have administrator access to server, you can try configuring website running with Administrator account to see if it can run properly.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:20 PM
  • User2024895388 posted

alredy i tried in administrator access but same like that

Monday, November 11, 2013 12:14 AM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi kalaisurya,

Have you install the CR on your server? Do you have your own server?

Monday, November 11, 2013 2:03 AM
  • User2024895388 posted

I install the CR on My server. 

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:39 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi kalaisurya

Crystal Report for VS2010 not showing in deployment. Blank page is coming.

You can enable trace logging for failed requests when you want to log information about failed requests to an IIS site or application.

When trace logging for failed requests is enabled, IIS provides targeted logging so that you no longer have to look through a list of irrelevant log entries to find a failed request. Additionally, you do not have to re-create an error in order to troubleshoot it.

Please follow these steps to enable trace logging for Failed Requests (IIS 7),

# Enable Trace Logging for Failed Requests (IIS 7) - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725786(v=ws.10).aspx 

Regards

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:38 AM
  • User1815411410 posted

hi kalaisurya,

the issue you experience can be caused by several factors:

1. the crystal report installed on the server does not match the crystal report used on your code
    2. the crystal report assemblied installed on the server does not match the assemblies used on your code.
    3. LOCAL SERVICE permission must be given to your application pool and WRITE permission must be enabled on your operating folder
    4. Lastly, make sure you copy the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folder to your operating folder.

If you cannot load the report, I suspect you miss Step 4 above. Above all, if you ever miss one of the steps I outlined above, your report will not load properly

Hope this helps

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 3:47 AM