Connect VS2012 with Microsoft Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is there any option to connect the Visual Studio 2012 with my Microsoft account (and/or live account) and upload my vs2012 settings to this account?
    Simply the same function like in Windows 8 with the settings that will be saved in your Microsoft account?

It's annoying to setup my settings every time I use another computer or when I installed vs2012.

Inoverse

Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Inoverse,

You can import and export Visual Studio setting by the command of Import and Export Settings.

Tools->Import and Export Settings

It will generate a .vssettings file. You can save it in the skydrive. Import your settings when you use another computer.

Maybe you want to submit your idea to user voice of Visual Studio. Here is the link:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:43 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Inoverse,

You can import and export Visual Studio setting by the command of Import and Export Settings.

Tools->Import and Export Settings

It will generate a .vssettings file. You can save it in the skydrive. Import your settings when you use another computer.

Maybe you want to submit your idea to user voice of Visual Studio. Here is the link:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:43 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi Inoverse,

I marked my reply as answer.

Please unmark it, if it is not the answer.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]

Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Thank you. Okay I will submit it to the user voice. But until it will integrated your idea with the settings sound great. Thank u!
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:52 AM