none
Unable to install Windows Phone 10 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

This must be incredibly easy, but I can't find a way to do it.

I downloaded the Windows Phone 10 SDK today from here - https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk

I downloaded the ISO and installed it. Everything went fine, except for the fact that now I don't know how to launch the SDK. On Windows Phone 8.1 SDK it would install VS 2015 as well and would give you a desktop icon but there's no such thing here.

How do I install the Windows Phone 10 SDK and get started with it?

YaddyVirus ©Yadullah Abidi

• Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:28 AM move to correct forum
    Monday, April 24, 2017 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi YaddyVirus,

Move to Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum for a better support, thanks for your understanding :)

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:37 AM
  • Hi YaddyVirus,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>How do I install the Windows Phone 10 SDK and get started with it?

There is no such a icon about Win 10 SDK, to confirm if you installed the SDK successfully, please go to Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features and check if the SDK does really existed, for example, I installed several SDK version on my machine:

For yours, you should see the Windows Software Development Kit 10.9.15063.137.

About the Win 10 SDK function, please refer to:

How to: Use the Windows 10 SDK in a Windows Desktop Application

Or new a Universal Windows Project, check if you could target the Win 10 SDK  as below:

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:19 AM