none
Code Signing causes build errors on build server (MSB3325)

Question

• Solution with cod signing is build-able on my local machine but not on the build server. 

4 projects in my solution need code signing because they are Office Add Ins. 

I allways(build server) get this error message for all four AddIns:Error MSB3325: Cannot import the following key file: PowerPoint2013_TemporaryKey.pfx. The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or manually install the certificate to the Strong Name CSP with the following key container name: VS_KEY_D374271F05BE5CDA

I found this possible solution* to my problem but unfortunately it didn't work also I tried to use newly generated certificates for each AddIn. At first used one certificate for all 4 AddIns.

*http://chamindac.blogspot.co.at/2014/02/tfs-build-with-password-protected-pfx.html

This solution was before built on our old TFS/build server(2013).

Thank you in advance and if you need any further information please let me know.

Build Server Setup:

VS Enterprise 2015;

This Server is the build agent for a TFS 2017.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt Haas,

Did you use XAML build or VNext Build in TFS2017? Or you just use Visual Studio or MSbuild command line to build the solution on the build server directly?

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:52 AM